From: Gene
Sent: Sunday, March 31, 2019 5:00 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Gmail's website.

It would be much easier to do the following:
When you follow a link to open a message, don't use just enter. Use shift
enter. That opens the link in a new window. In other words, you have
opened the message in a new window. When you are finished reading it or
whatever you want to do with it, simply close the new window with alt f4.
You are now back in the first window again exactly where you left off,
because you never moved or did anything in that window.

If you prefer, you can use control enter, which opens the message in a new
tab. To close the new tab, use control f4 instead of alt f4.