From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of janet gross
Sent: April-01-19 1:55 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] I phone questions

HI Monte,
You can't just pick up the phone and tell it to call......... that is not going to happen. If you wanted to do that, you could press the power button on the right side of the phone to alert Siri, and just tell her to call a name in your contacts, or just tell her to dial......... Now, if you have Siri enabled on the lock screen, you can just say, hey Siri call........ or just say dial, and read out the number to her. Although, if you find out any different, please let me know. I use Siri for all I can. Monte, you need to understand voiceover is the screen reader on the iPhone in which it reads what is on the screen, just like JAWS is the screen reader on our computers. Either screen reader will not follow voice commands. Oh sure, you can make a phone call without using Siri, you would need to go in to your contacts, and search for the name of the person who you want to call, and you can double tap on it, and I think the call will go through, although, I haven't used this method in over 4 years though.
Now, if I'm wrong please someone chime in here.
Apple Accessibility Help Line in the US 877-204-3930.

I Hope this helps.
Janet

From: Monte Single