Re: Can I get rid of the ribbon with Windows 7?

Pamela Dominguez

You hit the nail on the head. It's not the seeing of them, but it was the navigation of them, which, to me, since I'm totally blind, is my seeing of them. That's my two cents on the matter. I use them, and I have gotten more used to them, since I've had them since 2011, but I like menus much better. Pam.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ann Parsons
Sent: Monday, April 01, 2019 11:35 AM
To: main@techtalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Can I get rid of the ribbon with Windows 7?

Hi all,

I'm just curious. What is it about ribbons you don't understand? I'm
asking as a trainer because I may need to help somebody some day who
doesn't understand ribbons. I want to know how to minimize the
misunderstanding. I want to know how to explain ribbons so that anyone
can understand. Why don't you understand them? I'm asking as a
serious question.

As a person who is blind, the appearance of the ribbons can't be what's
throwing you. To a screen reader they just sound like menus except
that you navigate them in a different way.

I'm not saying that you must use ribbons, I'm just interested in why
you don't like or understand them. Jaws has virtual ribbons if you
find that helpful as well, though I'd really like to understand your
problem. Would you be willing to help a trainer to understand your thinking?

Ann P.