From: joanne
Sent: Monday, April 01, 2019 2:49 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Can I get rid of the ribbon with Windows 7?

Hi Ann. I actually wish I had a trainer who could show me in-depth how to
use ribbons. The menus just look so hard to understand, and then I'll hear
things like upper ribbon and lower ribbon, etc. and I feel lost and not sure
which column I need. I'm just one of those who has always used the list
views and traditional menus, and I don't feel like this has been explained
thoroughly to me. You're a good instructor, I know, because your posts are
so thoughtful and helpful. You're most likely doing a great job explaining
them to your clients. I just haven't really hit on an explanation that makes
sense. I even use the old windows live mail because the newer ones had
ribbons and it looked so hard to navigate.

That's really it. Maybe it's some kind of visual thing I can't wrap my mind
around. But I'm open and have pretty much taught myself computer. If anyone
can explain these things and even why it had to be changed to ribbons in the
first place, I'll try them.