Re: Most Accessible CD Burner, ripper, or all-in-ones besides windows Media Player?

Gene

I didn't know you can get it there.  I would think that a Ninite download wouldn't do that but I don't know that.  Others may know.  I do know that the portable version doesn't try to install anything that is unwanted.

Gene

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, April 01, 2019 3:22 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Most Accessible CD Burner, ripper, or all-in-ones besides windows Media Player?

Does that happen with CDEX even if you get it from ninite.com?  Pam.

Sent: Monday, April 01, 2019 9:57 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Most Accessible CD Burner, ripper, or all-in-ones besides windows Media Player?

I haven't used the XP version of Media Player and I don't know if it is any different than the Windows 7 version.  But the Windows 7 rips and burns well.  As with Microsoft programs of this sort in general, those that come with Windows and are intendede for the user who doesn't want more than a basic program, the program does what it does well but if you want more advanced features, you will have to use other programs.

I haven't seen much in the way of answers to this question so I'll say that CDEX is a popular ripping program.  But if you use it, get the portable version.  The installed version will place unwanted programs on your system unless you find the uncheck options during install which are inaccessible with screen-readers in general.  You may see them with System Access or System Access to Go.

I've heard of burning programs but I do very little burning and I haven't tried any of them.  I'm not recommending this one but it’s a name I remember.  Any Burn.  I don't know if it places unwanted software on your machine but if its free, as with most free programs these days, it probably does.  So you might not want to play with it until there is discussion from others about how easy it is to tell it not to do so, if it does.

Gene
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, April 01, 2019 8:02 AM

Hi, I use windows media player to rip my CDs. I have had no problems besides the program not being able to find information on the CD but since most of the CDs I copy are audio books I don't see this as a problem.

So far I haven't needed to burn anything so can't say what windows media player is like for that.

From Shaz.
Canberra, Australia.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sharon Hooley
Sent: Monday, April 1, 2019 3:26 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] Most Accessible CD Burner, ripper, or all-in-ones besides windows Media Player?

Hi,

In your opinion, which would you say is the most accessible CD burner, ripper or all-in-ones software besides Windows Media Player, or is Windows Media Player the one to use in Windows 10 with narrator or NvDA?

Thanks for any input,

--
Is it hard to communicate, even with hearing aids?  Visit http://www.cochlearamericas.com

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.