Isn’t holding down the home button, and waiting for the beep, the way to use Siri? The question seemed to be about making a call without using Siri. What am I missing?

SIRI must have an internet connection to work, which involves a data plan. I didn’t realize that one could purchase a plan for a smartphone, such as an iPhone, without the plan including a data plan. It doesn’t if you own the phone, or not.

 Diane Bomar

On Mar 31, 2019, at 16:56, Curtis Delzer <curtis@...> wrote:

hold down the home key and then wait for the beep.
Curtis Delzer
HS
W B 6 H E F
Rialto, CA

On 3/31/2019 5:07 AM, Loy wrote:
How do you get the phone to listen to your command?
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, March 31, 2019 2:38 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] i phone questions

yes you can just say call, "contact name" or number area code plus number or even within your own area code without siri.

Curtis Delzer
HS
W B 6 H E F
Rialto, CA

On 3/30/2019 7:41 AM, Monte Single wrote:

IK,

I’ll state the question again

Can I make a  call on the I phone using my voice without using Siri.

Can I just tell the phone to call a numberSSS