From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Joe Orozco
Sent: Tuesday, April 2, 2019 11:38 AM
To: main@techtalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] Product Recognition

Hi,

I tried using Seeing AI last night to recognize the bar code on a soup can. No luck. I turned the can every which way, but whereas before I could get some sort of a bleep from the app, last night I got a whole lot of nothin'.

Yes, I'm aware this could be a matter of the user being a little ... slow.

I tried using short text, and while more successful, the mixed results were more annoying than helpful and still didn't really tell me what I wanted to know.

So, has anyone found a good bar code reader app? I looked at Digit Eyes on the app store, but it seemed outdated based on the history of the reviews.

Other than Be My Eyes or AIRA, are there any other worthwhile contenders?

Thanks for any help.

Joe