Re: deleting a facebook account

Keith S

That is granting the passwords are still active.  If you have forgotten them, and cannot use the automated confirmation thingie they display (you have to contact 4 people on the account  as friends and  and tell them to log on to a website and give you a multi digit number to enter into the display to retrieve your password.

This I tried and  the people I contacted said the link I had given them was "nnot belonging to an account  that they were friends with".

20,000 employees, trillions of dollars and FB can't bother with live action assistance.

SMH

Keith

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, April 04, 2019 5:47 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] deleting a facebook account

I used the link provided, and the page says that the account will be
deleted in 30 days and that in the meantime I can still log back in to
retrieve any messages or anything I've uploaded.

Troy

y

On 4/4/2019 4:44 PM, chris judge wrote:
> The closest I've been able to come is deactivating my account. It's not the same thing because for fun I logged back in, and promptly got an email thanking me for reactivating. I would have thought that, if the account had been deleted I'd have to sign up again.
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Troy Burnham
> Sent: April 4, 2019 5:37 PM
> To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
> Subject: [TechTalk] deleting a facebook account
>
> Hi all,
>
>
> How would I permanently delete my facebook account, assuming it can be done? I don't use it much anyway and here lately when I have gotten on it it seems harder to get around on even on the mobil site, but I'd rather not just log out of my account and leave it open.
>
>
> Thanks.
>
>
> Troy
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.