Re: thunderbird, gmail, and account space questions oh my!

Abbie Taylor

My guess is that there may be two factors influencing the gmail site's display of space used. First of all, I didn't know there was an m.gmail.com,, so I tried it and discovered that it is designed for slower Internet connections. The main gmail site is pretty accessible, so I would give that a try if I were you.

Also, it's better to use gmail and other types of email accounts with IMAP instead of pop3. That way, information can be synchronized across devices or, in your case, between Thunderbird and the gmail site. I hope all this is helpful.