Re: jaws and thunderbird

Donald L. Roberts

Gerald, pardon my ignorance; but just how do I get to the events and tasks menu?

Thanks.

Don Roberts

On 4/11/2019 5:43 AM, Gerald Levy via Groups.Io wrote:

On the Events and Tasks menu, make sure that the Calendar check box is unchecked to disable it.

Gerald

On 4/11/2019 8:34 AM, Troy Burnham wrote:

How can I tell if the lightning calendar is disabled and if it isn't how do I disable it? I've been using thunderbird for a while now but a blind friend helped me and I don't remember him saying anything about disabling anything, unless I started using thunderbird before the lightning calendar was introduced, or maybe my friend just doesn't know about it.

Troy

On 4/10/2019 2:36 PM, marcio via Groups.Io wrote:
Here's a good advice: install the add-on called Quick Folder Navigation.
This add-on will allow the person to use first letter navigation to move quickly through the folders.

That's the only thing I can think of that should be done besides disabling the Lightning Calendar add-on. Thunderbird per se is rather accessible, indeed.

Cheers,
Marcio AKA Starboy
Follow or add me on Facebook

Em 10/04/2019 11:01, david disse:

Good morning all;

a new client of mine is now using thunderbird.

he's using jaws 2019, windows 10, both latest versions.  apparently, he contacted his internet provider, they set him up with thunderbird.  can anyone post some notes regarding using the e-mail client with jaws?

also, how to setup the client to work best with the screen reader.

in advance, thank you for the help.