From: Ann Parsons
Sent: Monday, April 15, 2019 7:19 AM
To: main@techtalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] two questions about slates, please

Morning all,

I believe that APH sells slates and styli, but you'll get a much better
deal at either ILA or The Braille Bookstore. They both have all kinds
of slates.

If you're looking for a board slate, APH sells 'em for something like
$115.00. On the other hand ILA LS&S and the Braille Bookstore sell a
full-page slate made of heavy, durable plastic that does the same
thing. It has twenty-five lines and the even numbered lines are
labeled on the edge of the slate. I don't know why it took the U.S. so
long to procure these wonderful slates, but it did. These full-pagers
are the nuts, truly! If you look at the places I recommended, you'll
find that they sell for about $20.00. Who wants to pay $115.00 for a
board slate? Try a full-page one, I don't think you'll want to spend
all that money.

Ann P.