Re: Typing with mobile phones?

Carolyn Arnold

Question about dictating:

If you are entering a contact, I guess in each field, you have to go to dictate, if you wanted to dictate? What is the difference in just using Siri in things like texting?

Best regards,

Carolyn

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Ron Canazzi
Sent: Sunday, April 14, 2019 12:33 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Typing with mobile phones?

Hi Group,

I am learning the iPhone through an instructor who is Apple certified. He has instructed me to learn the keyboard method, but I tell you, using the dictation method works so well for me. I even sent a perfectly formatted version of Henry Wadsworth Longfellow's The Arrow and the Song from my iPhone to my main e-mail address accessible from my computer and it had only one small mistake.

The voice recognition on the iPhone is so remarkable it defies description. BTW, someone on this list had said that the dictation method is insecure because it is using Siri in the cloud to accomplish the task. According to my instructor, beginning with iPhone 8, this is no longer true. The whole process occurs on the iPhone itself and not in the cloud. Thus the dictation method is no less secure than any other method of text input.

On 4/13/2019 8:34 PM, Carolyn Arnold wrote:
I am surprised that I, of all people have gotten used to the screen keyboard, even typing texts messages, etc. Believe me, no one is more surprised by this than I am. Now, I can't type 85 words a minute, like I did medical records, but I can type, and the thing tells me what is misspelled, then there are words I can double-tap on, if I find the right one. How fine is that? Of course, that should happen with the Bluetooth too. It's just that I had a keyboard with my Android tablet - loved the tablet, did not like the keyboard at all, thought it was clumsy and stiff. I have been much more immediately accurate on the iPhone one than I was on that one. I would go into notes and practice every day to try to get better at it. Good thing that all of that is available, so whatever works to our best advantage, we can use.

Best regards,

Carolyn

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On
Behalf Of emile
Sent: Saturday, April 13, 2019 7:12 PM

I have had a Bluetooth keyboard for the last 5 years. It’s a godsent. I hate touch pads especially when it comes to typing.

Emile.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of
Carrie Morales
Sent: Saturday, April 13, 2019 2:24 PM

How about a Bluetooth keyboard?

Carrie Morales
http://liveaccessible.com
YouTube: http://youtube.com/liveaccessible Twitter, Facebook
&Instagram: @LiveAccessible

"Blindness or Low Vision does not define or limit you"

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"
I Say: "I'm as happy as a stow away chimpanzee on a banana boat!"

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.