From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Ron Canazzi
Sent: Sunday, April 14, 2019 12:33 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Typing with mobile phones?

Hi Group,

I am learning the iPhone through an instructor who is Apple certified. He has instructed me to learn the keyboard method, but I tell you, using the dictation method works so well for me. I even sent a perfectly formatted version of Henry Wadsworth Longfellow's The Arrow and the Song from my iPhone to my main e-mail address accessible from my computer and it had only one small mistake.

The voice recognition on the iPhone is so remarkable it defies description. BTW, someone on this list had said that the dictation method is insecure because it is using Siri in the cloud to accomplish the task. According to my instructor, beginning with iPhone 8, this is no longer true. The whole process occurs on the iPhone itself and not in the cloud. Thus the dictation method is no less secure than any other method of text input.

On 4/13/2019 8:34 PM, Carolyn Arnold wrote:
I am surprised that I, of all people have gotten used to the screen keyboard, even typing texts messages, etc. Believe me, no one is more surprised by this than I am. Now, I can't type 85 words a minute, like I did medical records, but I can type, and the thing tells me what is misspelled, then there are words I can double-tap on, if I find the right one. How fine is that? Of course, that should happen with the Bluetooth too. It's just that I had a keyboard with my Android tablet - loved the tablet, did not like the keyboard at all, thought it was clumsy and stiff. I have been much more immediately accurate on the iPhone one than I was on that one. I would go into notes and practice every day to try to get better at it. Good thing that all of that is available, so whatever works to our best advantage, we can use.

Best regards,

Carolyn