Re: firefox, changing download location?

Gene

In options, you are dealing with a web page generated by the program but it is in the form of a dialog.  Also, there is no o.k. button.  When you change something, it takes immediate effect, even before you leave the dialog.  Of course you can change it again even while you are still working in the dialog in the same session. 

After you finish working in the options dialog, you do whatever you want, close the browser, follow a bookmark, use the address bar to go to a page, anything you would do while on any web page to close the program or go somewhere else or open another menu, etc. 

This is very important:
In options, you must go into forms mode in whatever browser you are using.  If you don't, you won't see the list of categories which you would see in forms mode as you tab around. 

In JAWS, use JAWS key z.  In NVDA, use NVDA key space bar.  Use the same commands to return to the virtual PC cursor or browse mode when finished.

Also, in Chrome, when you are in settings, which you also get to from the menus, that is a web page that wworks like a dialog as well.  There are differences between Chrome and Firefox but it seems a lot of people think or are afraid they are significant changes.  They aren't difficult to learn and they aren't that different.

Gene
----- Original Message -----

Sent: Saturday, April 20, 2019 4:32 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] firefox, changing download location?

So once I open firefox, I'm going to be dealing with a webpage format, and not  using menu drop downs like in I.E.?

Thanks

Keith
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, April 20, 2019 3:40 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] firefox, changing download location?

Wow, this is definitely an EZ one!
Simply open your Firefox, go to Tools > Options, tab a few times and voila, there you are!
When you reach the "Save files in" (or something like that), tab one more time and choose your preferred folder!
Also just FYI, you can, in this very same way, tell to your browser for asking you every time you download something, this way you'll be asked where you want to save a specific file if you so want.

Cheers,
Marcio AKA Starboy

Sent from a galaxy far, far away.

Follow or add me on Facebook

Em 20/04/2019 14:46, Keith S disse:
Hi, is there any way to change the download path for files I download from the net using firefox?

How do I go about doing so if I can actually do t his.

Thanks

Keith

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.