Re: iCloud

Janet

Hi Karim,

I am also having the same problems, and I am also getting emails from Apple telling me I’ve used up more than half my iCloud storage, and they said I could upgrade, but I shouldn’t have to pay to have more storage space, because I don’t use that much to begin with.  I can’t even imagine that!  I was at an Apple store last week, and the Apple rep seen in my iCloud storage 3.1gb of space has been used, but with my personal apps that I’ve downloaded is not even 1gb, and my phone is a 64 gb.  The Apple rep told me he doesn’t use the iCloud on his phone to back up because each time my phone is plugged in, it isn’t only charging because it is also backing up to the Cloud, and each time my phone is backed up, the iCloud saves all those times of backing up, but this just doesn’t sound right to me!  The rep recommend that I use iTunes on my pc to keep everything backed up, but I think iTunes is pretty flaky, so I don’t bother with it.  You can check your iCloud storage by going to settings, double tap on your name, look for iCloud, and double tap on that, you can double tap on manage storage, and you will see the apps and how much space they are taking up on your phone.  I’m not sure which phone you’re using though, but I’m using the XR phone, so it might work on your phone as well. 

Janet

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Karim Lakhani
Sent: Sunday, April 21, 2019 4:05 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] iCloud

I was needing some clarfication what is the best way to review  a iCloud account.

When I sign I'm told that I need to enter a verification code.

I didn't receive this and not sure where to go from here.

I got a message telling me that my iCloud limit has reached the 5 gig limit.

I have no idea what is stored and I didn't think I saved any thing to the cloud.

Thanks.

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.