Re: Free Version of Switch.

Curtis Delzer

and, it was a bear to get the software! :) a pain in the . . . keyboard, and in my sheesh. thanks again, now all registered, and even backed up. :)

Curtis Delzer
HS
W B 6 H E F
Rialto, CA

On 4/22/2019 5:33 PM, Curtis Delzer wrote:

of course, I backed up the registration codes, but not the *.exe. :) which prove you shouldn't assume? :) I kind of thought they'd keep copies of the files, which also proves you found that, so all is well and good thanks to you. :)

and me? :)

Thanks Gene.

Curtis Delzer
HS
W B 6 H E F
Rialto, CA

On 4/22/2019 5:03 PM, Gene wrote:
Which shows why you should back everything up you don't want to lose and also, you can get the earlier version.

This link leads to a page with earlier versions of the program going back to as far as 4x, and perhaps further, I didn't check to see what the earliest version available is.  I believe this site is safe.  However, you may want to wait for confirmation from others.  I believe I checked but it was perhaps two years ago and after all this time, I'm not sure.

Gene

Sent: Monday, April 22, 2019 5:08 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Free Version of Switch.

my issues with switch is the version. :) I bought one, but it is not up to date with they currently produce, so since I had a computer crash and don't have the earlier "paid for version" they won't let me continue to use it since I can't download an earlier version their site. I had bought something like 5.60, but they are up to the sevens now.

So, I use something else.

Curtis Delzer
HS
W B 6 H E F
Rialto, CA

On 4/21/2019 7:58 PM, Jaffar Sidek wrote:

Hi Janet.  I rather suspect it's because the software detected that you had used a trial version before, and so it based it's info on the footprints left by it's trial cousin, as it were, on your system.  You can of course clear traces of the previously installed Switch trial, but I wouldn't recommend it as it would be dealing with registries and such, not worth the risk and bother.  Then again, you could reformat your system and do a clean install, but again, unless you are needing to do that, it's not worth the bother.  Switch is a fantastic converter, and I think for what it can potentially do, the price is worth it.  I paid for my version and have no regrets.  Cheers!

On 4/22/2019 6:54 AM, janet gross wrote:

Hi Marcio,

No it won’t let me use it at all.  It says I’ve used up my trial time, but I just downloaded it.

Janet