Re: Free Version of Switch.

Jaffar Sidek

This is the current problem with softwares in general.  Loose your older paid for versions, and you can't update unless your version is installed.  And then older versions are removed for whatever reason.  It happens everywhere and all the time.  You'd be hard pushed to download Windows 7 directly from microsoft since windows 10 became the de facto standard OS, but there it is and we have to live with it.  Cheers!

On 4/23/2019 6:08 AM, Curtis Delzer wrote:

my issues with switch is the version. :) I bought one, but it is not up to date with they currently produce, so since I had a computer crash and don't have the earlier "paid for version" they won't let me continue to use it since I can't download an earlier version their site. I had bought something like 5.60, but they are up to the sevens now.

So, I use something else.

Curtis Delzer
HS
W B 6 H E F
Rialto, CA

On 4/21/2019 7:58 PM, Jaffar Sidek wrote:

Hi Janet.  I rather suspect it's because the software detected that you had used a trial version before, and so it based it's info on the footprints left by it's trial cousin, as it were, on your system.  You can of course clear traces of the previously installed Switch trial, but I wouldn't recommend it as it would be dealing with registries and such, not worth the risk and bother.  Then again, you could reformat your system and do a clean install, but again, unless you are needing to do that, it's not worth the bother.  Switch is a fantastic converter, and I think for what it can potentially do, the price is worth it.  I paid for my version and have no regrets.  Cheers!

On 4/22/2019 6:54 AM, janet gross wrote:

Hi Marcio,

No it won’t let me use it at all.  It says I’ve used up my trial time, but I just downloaded it.

Janet