Re: outlook express question

Kerryn Gunness <k_gunness@...>

thanks jene

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, April 27, 2019 4:50 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] outlook express question

I'm not sure how many messages you can send at once, as I said, but unless you specifically want people to see others' addresses, you should use the BCC field.  I might be able to tell you how to send mail to as many people from your addressbook as you want at once but I'm not sure if all the details are correct.  You can experiment and see if you have problems. 

I did Google searches but I didn't find anything on what I had said but even so, it might be a good idea to limit the number. 

In Outlook Express, do you have the list of addresses shown so you can tab to the list?  If so, start at the top of the list, hold the shift key down, and down arrow a number of times.  Say you want to send fifteen copies of the message.  Make sure you know what address you stopped on.  Press enter.
As I recall, all the addresses will be in the to line in the message that opens.
When you are in the to line, I think you will be there when the message opens, use control a to select all the addresses. 
Then use control x to cut all the addresses to the clipboard.  If you already have the bcc field available, tab to it and paste with control v.  You have now moved all the addresses to the BCC field. 
If it isn't available, shift tab until you get to a button that says show CC and BCC fields.  Press the space bar.
Now tab until you get to the BCC field and paste the addresses.
Shift tab back to the to line and write your address.

People will see your address in the to line and you will get a copy but they won't see the other addresses.  The reason you should put your address there is because some e-mail servers won't send a message unless something is in the to line.  Using your own address, which is already in the from line, doesn't tell anyone anyone's address except yours, which is already available to the recipients.  

Gene
Sent: Saturday, April 27, 2019 3:08 PM

thanks jene

Sent: Saturday, April 27, 2019 3:50 PM

I don't know if you can.  I've only seen this discussed very rarely and a long time ago, but I think that if you go over a limit of recipients for one message, your e-mail provider will block the message as spam.  This will, I hope, be discussed further.  The best thing to do might be to send to perhaps ten people, and then ten more but that may be too low a restriction and you may be allowed to send to more.

Gene
Sent: Saturday, April 27, 2019 2:34 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] outlook express question

hi group
how do you sen an email to all your contacts in your address book in outlook express at once?

thanks
kerryn

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.