Sent: Thursday, May 2, 2019 7:57 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] word 2007 question

Hi Keryn.  Do you happen to have a later version of MS office installed on your PC, like Office 2016, for example?  It could be, and I am guessing here that  for some reason, the file type for Office 2007, which is .doc is not properly registered by your PC during the installation.  Later versions of Office use the .DOCX file format, so I wonder if there could be some conflict here. Cheers!

On 5/3/2019 7:35 AM, Kerryn Gunness via Groups.Io wrote:
hi group

below is what i get when i navigate  to a word file in lets say my documents in windows 7, using file explorer

Microsoft Office Word
Word could not create the work file. Check the temp environment
variable.
OK

i think its a file explorer problem, not a word 2007 problem

because word 2007 works well if it is open normally

can anyone say what is the issue here? and how to solve it?

kerryn