Re: website question

Shelly Kane

Thank you so much for telling me about your experience with this website.  I just may give it a try.  I wasn't sure if it was legitimate so wanted to hear from someone who has done it before. I do have one question.  How do you get the work that they want you to transcribe?  I use Jaws and Thunderbird as my email.  I look forward to your response.

Shelly

On 5/1/2019 11:23 AM, Vicky Collins wrote:
I heard about the TranscribeMe site from someone on the NFB Jobs email list who had tried it over a year ago now, and I finally decided to give it a try myself a few months later. I know others are much faster, but I'm really slow at it because I have to pick over everything before submitting my transcribed work, so I'm not making a lot of money at it. But it's a nice way to have some work to do when I want and earn a little extra cash without a lot of hassle, which suits me fine now that I've retired from the prior job I had with the IRS for a little over 29 years.

I'm currently on my Braille Sense U2 Mini, and its older browser won't let me access the site to get the link to the message from the NFB Jobs email list. But the archives for that list are public, and I just checked a day or so ago when on my computer and the message in question was dated, I believe, December 28th of 2017. From my experience with the TranscribeMe web site, the information still seems to be accurate, other than the fact that there were some changes made several months ago, so now the starting pay for general transcription is $15 per audio hour, rather than the $20 mentioned in that message.

Although there were a couple of things that gave me a little trouble on the site, it was pretty much quite accessible. I admit that I haven't actually received any money yet, as I've opted to just let it accumulate in my account until I find I need or want it for something. However, TranscribeMe use Yammer as their communication platform, and lots of the transcribers there do talk about withdrawing and receiving their payments each week, so I'm confident I'll be able to get mine when I'm ready.

Since I'm not an NFB member, I've opted not to post on their jobs list, although I am on the associated chat list that Judy Jones recently created, and I have posted there. I'm also signed up to the chat list associated with this group, should you have additional questions for me. And, if so, I'll try to respond more quickly than I did to this message.

----- Original Message -----
From: Shelly Kane <shellykane323@gmail.com>
To: tech talk <main@techtalk.groups.io>
Date: Thursday, April 18, 2019 1:44 am
Subject: [TechTalk] website question

Hi Group:

I did a google search the other day for transcription jobs and a website
came up that I was interested in but I wanted to see if any of you have
ever heard of it and if so, what you thought of x.? I don't trust a lot
of on line things so just like to double check.? Thanks to all in
advance who respond.? The website is called transcribeme.com

Shelly

com=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

View/Reply Online (#79784): https://TechTalk.groups.io/g/main/message/79784
com=-=-
If you want to view a list of resources and freeware, visit the Tech Talk Wiki:
https://groups.io/g/TechTalk/wiki/List-of-resources-and-freeware

You can also view/download the list from the "files" section:
https://groups.io/g/TechTalk/files

To review a list of posting guidelines, go to:
https://groups.io/g/TechTalk/wiki/Posting-Guidelines

To view the list archives, go to:
https://groups.io/g/TechTalk/topics

Note that the Wiki and list archives are public so can be viewed by anyone without the need to login with a password. The "files" section cannot be made public so can only be accessed by members and requires you to login.

To join this group, send an email to:
TechTalk+subscribe@groups.io

To send a message to this group, send the message to:
main@TechTalk.groups.io

To stop receiving messages via email (you may still read messages on the Webggeasend an email to:
TechTalk+nomail@groups.io

To receive message digests instead of individual messages send an email to:
TechTalk+digest@groups.io

To receive individual messages instead of digests, send an email to:
TechTalk+single@groups.io

If you want to discuss anything non-tech related, please move the conversation to our chat subgroup.

To join the chat subgroup, send a message to:
TechTalkChat+subscribe@groups.io

To message the chat subgroup:
TechTalkChat@groups.io
com=-=-