Re: chrome issue with bookmarks

Chris G <chris@...>

There is one that synchronizes bookmarks across the browsers it is called Eversync.

https://www.everhelper.me/synchronizer.php

Another bookmark manager is called Linkstash from http://www.linkstash.com

This one saves the links in it’s own database and you launch the link from it’s interface and not from your browsers.  It reminds me of Windows Explorer.

Chris

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Thomas N. Chan
Sent: Tuesday, May 7, 2019 12:57 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] chrome issue with bookmarks

.That’s the thing, I cant find a good replacement plugins/extension to work with firefox

, IE and chrome at the same time.

With the newer version of firefox, the plain old favourites don’t work anymore

If anyone got any good idea, do let us know.

--------------------
regards
Thomas N. Chan

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Vicki W
Sent: Tuesday, 7 May 2019 9:18 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

Abby,

I always have more than one browser, so I have started doing a very round about thing.

When I find a page I want to save in Chrome, I copy the URL from the address bar, and just in case I get busy and forget, I paste it into a notepad document with the title of the page.

I go ahead and save it using Chrome, but later I will open up IE and paste the URL of the page into the address bar after pressing control plus O.

I then save it in IE and I have a folder inside my IE favorites folder where all of my webpages are completely organized. This allows me to have it where I want it and when using Chrome, if I want, I can just go to that favorites folder and enter on the page, finding it quite easily.

It sounds complicated, but it is actually very quick to do.

I just read that the issue with Chrome and bookmarks is a JAWS issue, so maybe it will get fixed.

Vicki

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Monday, May 06, 2019 2:57 PM

This is one thing I don't like about Chrome. There seems to be no control over where bookmarks go when you add them. I no longer bookmark pages. I save them by pressing Control S. This opens the usual save-as dialog, where you can navigate to where you want the file to go. It's saved as an html file that you can open in Chrome by pressing Control O. The down side is that once you've saved the page and opened it in Chrome, there's no way to get a link to that page to include, say, on your blog or website. So, if somebody else has any more brilliant ideas, I'm all ears.

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.