Re: Issue with recent Jaws 2019 update and Outlook 2016 spellcheck

george b <gbmagoo@...>

I could send it to you and you can try it  I have 2018 have the latest 29

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Chris G
Sent: May 8, 2019 7:00
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Issue with recent Jaws 2019 update and Outlook 2016 spellcheck

JAWS does this with Major versions, IE if you have 2018 installed on the computer and you install 2019 you can go back to 2018 if you wish.  It will offer to migrate settings to the new version.

It doesn’t install the “minor” updates as a new version.  If it did, that would be pretty confusing and waste lots of disk space.

Not sure what would happen if someone had the previous minor version downloaded as an installer and just ran that.

Chris

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Tuesday, May 7, 2019 1:03 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Issue with recent Jaws 2019 update and Outlook 2016 spellcheck

If it were me, but I don't use JAWS, I probably wouldn't use the JAWS update feature.  I would install the new version of JAWS as a new program.  I say probably because I don't know how much work it is to install the new version and migrate settings.  But that is what I would want to do.  The reason is that if there are problems with the new update, I would still have the older version available if I wanted to use it in general in cases where the new update has problems.  I think JAWS should design the updater so it installs a new version and migrates all settings to the new program so the old version isn't lost in the update.

Gene

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Tuesday, May 07, 2019 11:56 AM

Subject: [TechTalk] Issue with recent Jaws 2019 update and Outlook 2016 spellcheck

Hello list,

So to the point, After updating Jaws 2019 with the recent April release, I’m noticing that when I try using the spellcheck function of listing all misspellings/typos with the shift+alt+L command, Outlook straight up just crashes.

This is with a retail license Outlook Subscription Version 16.0.11601.20144.

F7 is fine and so are other features like text analyzer, but for whatever reason, when I do this particular shift+alt+L command, Bye bye Outlook.

I’ve tried copying text to the clipboard before invoking this keyboard command and it seems that after the crash the text isn’t saved to paste later. This crashing behavior isn’t something that happens every single time, but enough that I’ve noticed it.

Anyone else dealing with this?

Thanks,

Cristobal

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.