Re: New Pixel 3A and 3A XL

Well, Google does not make phones. It contracts out their manufacture and
just has its name date stamped on it. Samsung and LG have made phones for
Google in the past, presently I think HTC does.

Google owned Motorola at a point; then stupidly sold it!

Yes, Google phones do get what is commonly referred to as "pure Android."
As a general rule, these devices do get updates to the Android kernel first.
I wouldn't say that this is strictly exclusive anymore since there are
Android1 devices that are able to take advantage of similar updates as they
all line up for Project Treble which is supposed to make updates to the
Android kernel less cumbersome.

There isn't a FOREVER update. It used to be two years, but I think it's now
three, will need to recheck that for accuracy. Security updates though do
go on for three years.

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado