Re: Additional Free Voices for NVDA

heather albright

I do not know, but, if you have jaws, can you use Eloquence  with NVDA? After all, you bought jaws that came with Eloquence so, can you not use it with NVDA on your own PC? Heather

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, September 02, 2015 9:27 AM
Subject: [TechTalk] Additional Free Voices for NVDA

On my old XP PC, I was able to use Eloquence as my default voice for NVDA because I also happened to have Open Book 7 installed as well.  But on my current Windows 7 PC, the only default voices available for NVDA are Microsoft Anna or ESpeak, neither of which appeals to me because they are not especially clear or responsive.  I am well aware that Eloquence is not available legally as a free voice for NVDA in Win 7, so I won’t even bother to get into a discussion about this sensitive issue.  In any case, are there any other free voices available for NVDA that are clearer and more responsive than Anna or ESpeak?  Thanks.

Gerald