Re: Incoming calls going directly to Voicemail for no known reason.

Carolyn Arnold

That is a good diagnostic. This also happens at the Senior Center, but they also are in a low place with woods in the back. I believe my better signal could be here at my computer between my router and an outside window. I don't think the router has anything to do with it though, sense I haven't set up yet for Wi-Fi. Like Pam, I can call from the house phone we have, and my phone will ring.

Best regards,

Carolyn

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Thursday, May 16, 2019 8:54 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Incoming calls going directly to Voicemail for no known reason.

Three bars is not a marginal signal. I don't know how many bars your phone has, mine has five as a maximum. Whatever the case, three bars is not a low signal. You aren't using Wi-Fi so the router is irrelevant. The question is, where are you in the house when you miss a call? What is the signal strength there? I'm very doubtful signal strength is the problem, especially after you said you are receiving a three bar signal in a certain room. But if you don't know what room you miss calls in, go into every room and check the signal strength.

Gene
----- Original Message -----

Sent: Thursday, May 16, 2019 7:13 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io <mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Incoming calls going directly to Voicemail for no known reason.

Now, in here by my router, I have 3 of 3 bars. I'm not sure the router has anything to do with it. I do think it could be of poor reception; yet, I can return the call immediately.

Best regards,

Carolyn

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io> [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Hope Williamson
Sent: Thursday, May 16, 2019 4:10 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io <mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io>

Is this happening with all incoming calls? The reason I ask, is because some robocall companies have figured out how to make the call go straight to voicemail. Also, how's the reception where you live? Not having service can cause the phone to send calls to voicemail.

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.