Re: iPhone delete key behaving strangely

Shelly Kane

Bharat:

Sorry this is happening to you.  The only suggestion I have in this case before you get the phone repaired or change the components is try putting the phone in some rice.  Get a bowl of uncooked rice and let the phone sit immersed in there for a day or more and it may possibly get some of the water out of it.  I know several people who have put electronics in rice that have gotten spills on it or even wet and the rice has taken the water out of them and they have worked again.  I hope this helps.

Shelly

On 5/25/2019 12:26 PM, Bharat wrote:
Thank you for responding to my message. The challenges that unlike in a usual scenario, where by pressing the delete key the characters it delete it in this case what seems to be happening is that even when one finds that a lead Ki and we do a double tap and hold on it the focus shift to some letters and some extraneous characters get typed. Actually, my wife seems to have dropped some tea on the phone where after this problem started happening. I’m really hoping I don’t have to get the components of the phone changed.
Although, as a last resort that may be the only option.

Thank you,

Bharat.
On 25-May-2019, at 7:55 PM, Ron Canazzi <aa2vm@roadrunner.com> wrote:

Hello Bharat,

I am not sure what you mean by 'the delete key is behaving badly.' By this do you mean that it is deleting things randomly rather than the last character that was written. If this is the issue, then with Voice Over turned on, double single tap the center of the screen when you are in the edit field until you hear Voice Over Say 'insertion point at end.' Then pressing the delete key will remove the last character in the text. If you want to delete characters or words in the middle of the text input, this is something a bit more complex. You must move the cursor to the block of text you wish to remove and then use the edit item within the rotor and select by characters or words and then still in the edit item, choose delete. For a totally blind person without any sighted help, this is a bit difficult, but you can get used to it if you practice it long enough.

On 5/25/2019 5:00 AM, Bharat wrote:
Hi all,

I need your help. The delete key on my wife’s phone seems to be behaving really strangely. It seems to be deleting values find enough while in the password input field, but seems to act up while in any text field such as a WhatsApp message or even while trying to rename an icon or elsewhere. I can’t really make sense of it, please help.

Thank you

Bharat.

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.