Re: new amazon dot.

Abbie Taylor

I've never set up the third generation dot, but I can't imagine it would be any harder than setting up a second generation unit. If you use a computer, it will need to be connected wirelessly and not connected to a modem. Otherwise, you won't be able to connect your unit to wifi. If your computer isn't connected wirelessly to the Internet, you'll need to use a smart phone or tablet or laptop computer that is. The website is alexa.amazon.com, and the apps for phones and tablets can be downloaded from their respective app stores and are easy to use. Good luck.