Re: Speech with an Android Phone

Ron Canazzi

Mine has TalkBack.  I found what I needed to know with a google search.

On 6/7/2019 12:12 AM, Pamela Dominguez wrote:
Ron.  If it's a flip, pushbutton phone, it does not have talk back.  I don't know what it's called.  It just says screenreader in the menu. Unfortunately, I think you may have to get a sighted person to turn it on. Pam.

-----Original Message----- From: Ron Canazzi
Sent: Thursday, June 06, 2019 11:54 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Speech with an Android Phone

How does one turn on Talk Back or voice assistant?

On 6/6/2019 11:37 PM, Ashley Breger via Groups.Io wrote:
I believe the voice over feature on an android phone is called talk back. It could also be something called voice assistant.

Ashley Breger

On Jun 6, 2019, at 9:48 PM, Ron Canazzi <aa2vm@roadrunner.com> wrote:

Hi Group,

My wife has an Android phone. She is having difficulties with it. It is an off brand--something called an Alcatel track phone. I have an iPhone and i have become quite proficient with it.  I figure that if I had speech for this android, and with a bit of research, I might be able to help her.

How does one turn on speech on this kind of phone?  What is the screen reader for this Alcatel Android track phone?  I would look up basic command for the screen reader once it is turned on. Maybe they have a help system like the Voice Over on the iPhone.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"