FW: 4 ways to check if a link is safe before you click it

Sandra Streeter

Sandra

Something is wrong, I know it, if I don't keep my attention on eternity. May I be the tiniest nail in the house of the universe, tiny but useful.

(Mary Oliver)

Sent: Friday, June 7, 2019 12:36 PM
To: sandrastreeter381@...
Subject: 4 ways to check if a link is safe before you click it

Change this one setting to get faster internet speeds -- Yes, you should hide your wireless network from the neighbors (here's how) -- 4 ways to check if a link is safe before you click it

Don't suffer from FOMO! Get my free News of the Day newsletter and you'll be ahead of the game. Tap or click here to sign up now!

Learn more about RevenueStripe...

Kim's Helpful Tips

4 ways to check if a link is safe before you click it

4 ways to check if a link is safe before you click it

Criminals can make it difficult to navigate the internet at times. Clicking on a malicious link sent to you in a phishing email or on a dubious website can lead to all kinds of problems. Malware, ransomware and other viruses to name a few. Thankfully, there are ways to make sure a link is safe before clicking on it.

Change this one setting to get faster internet speeds

Change this one setting to get faster internet speeds

Many things could be causing delays in your home's Wi-Fi connection speed, including one thing you've probably never heard of (unless you're a longtime listener). This is one of our most-read posts because it is packed with tips for PC, Mac, and smartphone users.

More from Komando.com

Yes, you should hide your wireless network from the neighbors (here's how)

Yes, you should hide your wireless network from the neighbors (here's how)

If you've noticed a serious slowdown on your home's Wi-Fi and can't figure out why, it could be because your neighbor found a way to get their internet for free - on your dime. Now it's time to hide your wireless network.

5 ways to clear your personal info from your car before you sell it

5 ways to clear your personal info from your car before you sell it

It's important to remember that your car is a connected device that has tons of personal information about you. You would be surprised how many people sell their car and forget to erase all the personal data stored in its memory. By ignoring this step, you're not only handing over the keys to your car, but the keys to your life as well.

Great Videos

10-year-old girl keeps same pet tortoise 56 years

10-year-old girl keeps same pet tortoise 56 years

In 1962, 10 year old Jeanna Smith received a pet for her birthday. This pet, a tortoise named George, has been a lifelong friend as she's lived through her life. Now, 56 years later, George is still alive and kicking, and the pair couldn't be any closer. See how deep the bonds run between human and pet in this extraordinary profile of friendship.

Here's why the American flag is reversed on military uniforms

Here's why the American flag is reversed on military uniforms

In America, we pay great respect to our flag. More than just a simple banner, it symbolizes the sacrifices and values of the brave men and women who've given their lives to defend it. While we have various rules and rituals about how the flag is displayed, it's not uncommon to see it presented backwards on military uniforms. Why is that? Believe it or not, there's a meaningful reason behind it.

A note from my sponsor

Free online source for business software

Here at WestStar, when we need to find new software for all our business needs, we use Capterra. We've found and used software for Project Management, Email Marketing, and Digital Marketing. With over 700 categories and 875,000 reviews from people just like you, you'll be sure to find the software that fits all your business and personal needs.

Consumer Tech Update

Delete your information from this website right now

Delete your information from this website right now

You might be surprised to know what this website has on you -- like every place you have lived, every phone number, and your relatives' names. It's there for the world to see -- and use. Learn how to scrub yourself from that site for free. 

More from Kim

Apple or Android - Which smartphones are better?

On the hunt for a new smartphone? Don't rush to the store until you've seen this! I've put together a helpful comparison chart so it's easy to see which phone is the best fit. Will Apple or Android have what you need?

Check out my awesome FREE app!

Did you know that there’s an app for everything, even Kim Komando? If you want to get the latest tech updates and breaking news straight to your phone, then this is the app for you! Don’t wait and download the Komando.com app today! It’s available on the Apple App Store and Google Play. Join the crowd of over 55,000 people who downloaded the app and try it out for yourself! If you like it, don’t forget to leave a review!

New eBook: How to Make Your Home a Smart Home on a Budget

Smart home devices are fundamentally changing the way we live. That Jetsons lifestyle we've all been dreaming about is finally coming true. Prices of smart home gadgets you need are finally affordable. In my eBook "How to Make Your Home a Smart Home on a Budget," you'll learn how to start your own smart home, from choosing a smart assistant to smart bulbs, thermostats, entertainment and much, much more. And the best part is: You won't be breaking the bank.

Everyone has that ONE relative who is never up to speed with the latest tech gadget (they probably cornered you at a family gathering, didn't they)? Well, I have an incredible way for you to help them: Become a Komando Ambassador by referring your family and friends to sign up for Kim's email newsletters!

The best part is: You get cool prizes while you connect your loved ones to the most trusted source when it comes to the latest happenings in the digital world!

It's quick and simple, just click the link below, it's unique to you, and begin inviting friends to sign up for Kim’s email newsletters. When they do, you get points, and the more points, the more prizes!

Your current referral count: 0

HOW TO: Watch this video for a step by step on what to do.

Connect with Kim

Like Kim Komando on FacebookFollow Kim Komando on TwitterSubscribe to Kim Komando on YouTube

Subscribe CareersKim's Club The Show Advertise Shop

You are receiving this email as a subscriber to Kim's Tech Hacks and How-Tos newsletter. If you would like to unsubscribe, use this online form.

You may also unsubscribe by sending a request via postal mail. Please include your name, email address and a printed copy of your newsletter email. Send to: Unsubscribe Kim's Tech Hacks and How-Tos newsletter, 6135 N. 7th St., Phoenix, AZ 85014.

Please do not reply to this email as this address is not monitored.
© 2019 Komando.com
All Rights Reserved.

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.