Re: Selecting with NVDA?

Vicky Vaughan

Hi, thanks for trying to help! 

Unfortunately, that does not work for me anymore.

I am using iTunes 12.8 on a Windows 10 desk top computerand I think the latest NVDA, since Jaws 2019 won’t let me rearrange songs in a playlist.

I do a search for all the songs of a particular artist and select them all and paste them into their own playlist.

However, I then want to rearrange the order of them.

Now, in the older times, when Jaws would let me, I would indeed, use “Shift+DownArrow” to select a song and then I could cut or copy it, but that no longer works for me.  I have even tried it with Aira watching.  They could see that nothing would happen when I tried my tried and formerly true method. 

However, when I turned Jaws off and then they used the exact same command, it would work.

I found, when I switched to NVDA that the Number pad does not let me move the cursor around. The triangle keys to the left must be used instead.  Under those conditions, I have not figured out how to select one of the songs so I can move it to a different place in the playlist, since “Shift+DownArrow” then selects the song below the song I have just heard and which is the one I want to move.

Can any NVDA people help?

My sincerest thanks for any help in this.  I really miss being able to create playlists as I want them.

Vicky V

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Kerryn Gunness via Groups.Io
Sent: Saturday, June 8, 2019 5:43 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Selecting with NVDA?

vicky

what would you like to do, select files in a list view?

use shift and down arrow

----- Original Message -----

To: main@techtalk.groups.io

Sent: Saturday, June 8, 2019 5:12 PM

Subject: [TechTalk] Selecting with NVDA?

Hello List, I am bran new to NVDA, but I am trying to use it with iTunes, since Jaws 2019 will not let me select songs to either put them in a playlist or rearrange them. 

I have had sighted people do what I wanted to do and when Jaws is not involved, it works just fine and not at all if Jaws is running.

However, in NVDA I know that I must use the triangle cursor keys and I haven’t been able to select using them, since “Shift+DownArrow” selects the next item and not the one just read.

Any suggestions please?

Sincerely, Vicky V

Virus-free. www.avg.com

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.