Re: recording from pc

Gene

I hadn't looked for the command while recording.  it isn't displayed unless you are recording so I didn't realize there was a pause command. 

You don't have to use the global commands in options, as I had thought.

Gene

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, June 11, 2019 5:07 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] recording from pc

Once again, in-correct. You can pause and resume regardless using Virtual Recorder and is it literally called exactly that, pause and resume.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Monday, June 10, 2019 6:12 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

I just looked in options in the shortcut keys section.  I'm not sure if it is called exactly that.  In that section, you can assign a command for pause and for resume, but unless you do, you can't pause and resume. 

Either Virtual Recorder or MP3 Direct Cut would be suitable.  Virtual Recorder, however, doesn't require the user to insert enc.dll (spelling) in the program folder so its easier to set up. 

It sounds as though the person isn't interested in editing.  Virtual Recorder can't be used for editing but that appears not to be an ability that is wanted.

Gene

Sent: Monday, June 10, 2019 4:41 AM

Virtual Recorder actually does allow the user to pause and resume the recording if one so saw fit without creating a new recording, but yes, if one stopped their recording then yes, a new file would be created once they pressed record again. Plus you can have multiple instances recording if one desired.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Sunday, June 9, 2019 5:18 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

Smiling? Heather, and all

In thinking about the question, it is important to know just what the person wants to do.  Does the person just want to talk or does the person want to talk, stop or pause the recording, then continue after thinking about what further she wants to say.  Virtual Recorder would be good if the person just wants to record something without stopping and starting the recording.  But you can't stop and resume.  Every time you stop and resume, a new recording is made.  MP3 Direct Cut does allow you to stop and resume. 

Gene

Sent: Sunday, June 09, 2019 5:00 AM

Direct links below for Virtual Recorder (both installed and portable versions).

Virtual Recorder 1.4.02 – Installer:

http://opopanax.net/download/Setup_VirtualRecorder.exe

Virtual Recorder 1.4.02 – Portable:

http://opopanax.net/download/Virtual_Recorder_Portable.zip

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of heather albright
Sent: Saturday, June 8, 2019 9:12 PM
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] recording from pc

Hello, my friend wants to know of a free program that will allow her to record like notes and send them as mp3. I do not record off my pc so I could not tell her. Thank you, cheers Heather

"Blindness is a characteristic, not a handicap!" Dr. Kenneth Jernigan
e-mail:
kd5cbl@...
sites:
National Federation of The Blind:
www.nfb.org
An Accessible Online Library:
www.bookshare.org

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.