making fresh install windows10 32bit as small as possible?

Josh Kennedy

Hi,

After updating some software on my RCA cambio tablet with the following specs:

System Information

Current Date/Time:Tuesday, June 11, 2019, 13:11:56

Computer Name:DESKTOP-9Q4D4PV

Operating System:Windows 10 Home 32-bit (10.0, Build 18362)

Language:English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer:RCA

System Model:W101AS23T2

BIOS:BSR4WEUS-S10W05-RCA-V32

Processor:Intel(R) Atom(TM) x5-Z8350  CPU @ 1.44GHz (4 CPUs), ~1.4GHz

Memory:2048MB RAM

Page file:1723MB used, 1400MB available

DirectX Version:DirectX 12

It copied a bunch of files to places they should not have been so with the help of an extra USB hub I had around I used my son’s laptop to make a USB bootable flash drive of the latest windows10 32bit. I successfully installed it then installed the needed drivers that I luckily had a backup of. But there is one problem. Before the reformat and completely clean install of windows including deleting all partitions and starting from scratch, windows with nothing else on the drive took up about 8gb of space. But after the format, it then said 14.5 to 15gb of space was taken up by windows 10 32bit alone. So I ran the “compact.exe /compactos:always” command and it compacted my windows install. But it still said windows was taking up 13.5 gb or more space. So my question is, is there a way I can modify my USB flash drive with windows10 home 32bit bootable drive to make windows compress itself as much as possible during installation? It’s only a 32gb drive and I have a 128gb sd card also installed so saving as much space is important. If its possible to compress windows even more with a command, some sort of drive compression full disk compression software, or a special compressed install could you please let me know and how to accomplish this?

Thanks,

Josh

Sent from Mail for Windows 10