Re: Braille labeler‘s

Curtis Delzer

the original "metal" ones did not have all of the extra signs the newer "plastic" ones did. I think they were 3M company?

Curtis Delzer
HS
K 6 V F O
Rialto, CA

curtis@calweb.com

On 6/11/2019 11:45 AM, chris judge wrote:
I had a terrible time with mine. Half the time the tape didn't advance like it was suppose to, so the dots got all garbled together, and the wheel for setting the letters kept sticking. Sad thing was, the darn thing cost as much as the older metal ones did.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Pamela Dominguez
Sent: June 11, 2019 3:38 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Braille labeler‘s

And the thing about that is, I don't think you can take the plastic ones apart and fix them like you can the older metal ones. Pam.

Sent: Monday, June 10, 2019 8:28 AM

That's great that it worked for you. Mine continuously jammed.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Norma A. Boge
Sent: June 10, 2019 9:18 AM

I've only used the plastic braille labeler and it's stood up well for me.
Purchased it about 6-7 years ago from the Braille Super Store. I purchased it because the price was better than other retailers and I am very pleased that I am still using it with no problems. FWIT Norma

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of chris judge
Sent: Monday, June 10, 2019 3:40 AM

I've used both. The plastic one is a piece of junk. I'm sorry, there is no other way to describe it. It often jams. Spend the extra and get the good one.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Monte Single
Sent: June 9, 2019 2:16 AM

I haven't used one in many years.
I recall that there are at least two different models.
They look and fell the same but one has a plastic body and the other is metal. I would guess that the 70 dollar one is metal. This one would be more rugged.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Victor
Sent: June-08-19 9:28 PM
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] Braille labeler‘s

Hi all:

I know this topic has been covered before, but I am interested in purchasing a new braille labeler. I want a handheld braille labeler like the one I used to own. I’ve been looking online and I have seen them for as little as $25, and as much as just under $70. I want one that is durable, easy to use and will last a long time.

Which braille labeler do you recommend? From where do you suggest I purchase it? I’m considering either Amazon.com or the braille superstore. I think the braille superstore is also known as future aids. I don’t think that I will purchase it from LS & S products or Maxi aids just because I don’t like getting around on those websites. Anything you guys can suggest would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Victor

---
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
https://www.avg.com

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.