Re: Another tip I learned from another list

Victor

Hello:

I highly recommend the Kim commando newsletter, her radio show, her Podcasts and her website. I have been listening to her and following her advice for years. She seems to know her stuff and she has a great personality! But that’s just my opinion.

As for the greeting on my phone, I just have the standard greeting that came with my phone and my carrier. I see no need to change that right now. I don’t get that many scammers calling me and I figure it’s probably safer to just use the standard greeting provided by my phone and my carrier.

Victor

On Jun 21, 2019, at 4:40 PM, Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@windstream.net> wrote:

I found out how to change the greeting on the iPhone, did, and my name no longer is in the greeting.

Best regards,

Carolyn

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Carolyn Arnold
Sent: Friday, June 21, 2019 12:09 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Another tip I learned from another list

On my iPbhone, I just identify my name and say leave a message. I guess I could just change and leave off my name.

As for our home one, it is neither Jim's nor my voice, but my son's, who lives 20 miles away in another town, another county.

Best regards,

Carolyn

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Friday, June 21, 2019 10:11 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

I don't know what your greeting says. If you want to tell us we can discuss it. If you don't want to make the information public because others can see e-mail messages and because it has information you don't want group members to see, then it shouldn't be in your greeting. My greeting only gives my first name and nothing else. It just says I'm sorry I can't take your call now but if you leave a message after the beep, I'll call you back.

You shouldn't have a message that you worry about strangers hearing.
Gene

Sent: Friday, June 21, 2019 7:42 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io <mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io>

I'm scared of what they can get from my greeting, just try to cut them off before it gets to VoiceMail.

Best regards,

Carolyn

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io> [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Victor
Sent: Thursday, June 20, 2019 7:59 PM
To: main@techtalk.groups.io <mailto:main@techtalk.groups.io>

If you get a phone call and you do not recognize the phone number, let it go to voicemail! Just because the phone rings, that does not mean you need to answer it. If they leave a voicemail and it sounds suspicious, it probably is suspicious!

Take every precaution and screening your phone calls! I did not know about call protect until someone mentioned it on this list a while ago. I downloaded the app. We will see how well it works. I do not currently get many spam calls, but I do get a few and T-Mobile seems to protect me from them. I always get a warning saying scam likely when those types of calls come in.

If you think the phone call was intended for someone else, leave it alone. I’m sure they will eventually call the person they intended to call if it is legitimate.

Just my thoughts,

Victor
On Jun 20, 2019, at 4:51 PM, Sharon Hooley <shooley42@gmail.com <mailto:shooley42@gmail.com> > wrote:

It's gotten to the point that if someone supposedly from a legitimate business asks a question that you would respond with a yes-type reply, even a simple one like "Can you hear me okay?" Say nothing and hang up. These thieves can use your recorded answer! Even better, like you said, don't even answer directly.

Is it hard to communicate, even with hearing aids? Visit
www.CochlearAmericas.com <http://www.CochlearAmericas.com>

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.