Re: Another tip I learned from another list

Norma A. Boge

Gene, I think you meant to say that with an answering machine you can hear who’s calling and pick up the call in real time. I do this, I have all my landline phone ringers off. As I spend most days in my home office, I can hear if someone is leaving a message and then I pick up. Silence is golden! Norma

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Friday, June 21, 2019 11:39 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Another tip I learned from another list

I’m saying that if you have voice mail and don’t have an answering machine, you can’t hear who is calling and you have to check your messages every time someone calls after waiting a short time.  Its very cumbersome.  Suppose you get four legitimate calls in eight hours and in the same time, four solicitor calls you don’t want to answer.  Checking your voice mail messages eight times is disruptive and cumbersome.  With voice mail, you can hear who calls and answer in real time if you want.