I am having a senior moment. how do I send a word document by email?

Jim Rawls

Hi all,

I am running windows ten, office 2010, and outlook 2010, and jaws, 2019.

I have this document I wish to send to a friend. So, when I select email recipient, and hit enter, nothing happens. I am not given a place to write an email address etc. I even have Kurzweil 1000 on this computer, and Kurzweil gives me the same choice of sending to an email recipient, but I am not given a choice to put in an email address. I have done this before, but not for a long while. So, what am I doing wrong? Thanks for your help in advance. Jim