Re: GOOD NEWS: Microsoft Ends Visual C++ Redistributable Chaos

Steve Matzura

So what is so great about this? I've installed software for years that goes out and downloads very specific year packages and versions without any interference from me. These softwares are still very much in use, so does this mean that they might not be able to find these older versions and editions when being installed?

On 6/23/2019 7:50 AM, Marcio via Groups.Io wrote:
Wow, I can't tell you how happy I am to read this info. And I know most of you will be too, so read on :)

Microsoft changed the system significantly with the release of the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015, 2017 and 2019. A baseline image is provided for these redistributable packages so that it is no longer necessary to install different versions separately on target systems.