Re: win rar compression client question

Walter Ramage

Hi.  You don't say what operating system you are using nor what version.  Nonetheless in Win7 and when you focus on either the file, or the folder, when you press alt/F then in quick succession N then C the file/folder will start to compress as a .zip file.  Walter.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Keith S
Sent: 10 July 2019 17:21
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] win rar compression client question

Hi, I am  trying to compress a folder of recipes to send to 2 people.  I only have the win rar program on my computer.

I cannot seem to get the recipes folder to appear in the add dialog or direct the program to find it.

Is there a better client to use to compress and email folders like this?

Are there any that would allow a self-extracting archive to be created, like the old winzip program?

Thanks

Keith