Re: extremely upset

Gerald Levy

Ann, nobody gives a flying bleep about blind computer users. Sorry to hear that Drop Box screwed you over.?? Last week Windows Update screwed me over by breaking the search box on my Windows 10 start menu.?? Does MS care??? Of course not.?? That's just the way it is, and there is nothing anyone can do about it. My techie friend is visiting me today to try to fix it, but if he can't, screw MS. I'll just install Classic Shell or some other third-party program to restore a working search box.?? MS management is so incompetent and arrogant that they release updates before they have been thoroughly tested for bugs.?? Windows 10 Feature Update 1903 is such a mess that MS is now preventing some computers from installing it to avoid potential problems.

Gerald

On 7/15/2019 9:02 AM, Ann Parsons wrote:
Morning all,

I use DropBox to save my files.?? I have important files in there like my students' files.

Warning!?? Warning!! Warning!! DropBox is now touting a new and improved desktop app that is supposed to make it possible to sync your stuff with all the crap that's out there like google drive and one drive and icloud and so on and on.?? The interface is a bunch of buttons that don't work.?? I have tried on win7 and win10.?? It says that I'm supposed to be seeing a list, but I'm not seeing one.?? I can't access my folders.

I just sent a blistering message to DropBox, and they probably won't answer me because right now I'm extremely emotional about this.?? I'm being paid to tutor students, and I can't do that if I can't access their folders and the info I need.?? I hope somebody who has some clout can jump on these people and do considerable damage to them.?? If they have a new interface, then it's got to be accessible, and right now it isn't.?? I'm so mad I could jump up and down on my roof and scream!?? I don't suppose anyone can help me?

Ann P.