Re: extremely upset

Michael Mote

Hi Jerald. Unfortunately, this is not an accessibility issue then. JAWS would read the results of the search box, if there were something there to read. This is a Windows issue. Best wishes on getting it resolved. I am sure it is frustrating.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gerald Levy via Groups.Io
Sent: Monday, July 15, 2019 11:00 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] extremely upset

This problem has nothing to do with JAWS.?? The June Security Update to Windows 10 1809 broke the start menu search box, plain and simple.?? How do I know??? Because my techie friend accessed my computer remotely using Team Viewer and confirmed that there were no search results when I typed a search phrase into the search box. And I don't get any search results if I use Narrator or NVDA, either.

Gerald

On 7/15/2019 10:26 AM, Michael Mote wrote:
Hi Jerald. I have seen the Windows 10 and search issue before, and actually, it may be due to JAWS. In some cases, we have had to uninstall JAWS and reinstall it, in order to correct the search box issue. This happens particularly on systems where Windows 7 was updated to Windows 10.
You may consider this as an option. Perhaps, a repair of JAWS would fix it as well.