Re: My thoughts of the Technological World and its users with disabilities

Wayne Scott

Agrewith you on this. Idon’t have theknow-how to develop not app. I thank gfor applevis. Quite afew developers have gone to that site for our feedback on those apps. That's how the Blindfold games took off. All of my life, I have had to fight for what I need and got it! I'm not the yelling, screaming type. I just approach it calmly and let people know. I have also worked with the Americans With Disabilities Act, which ^so is so vague, it's ridiculous! Wayne

Wayne Scott "Everything happens in God's chime."

On Jul 15, 2019, at 10:43 AM, Sharon Hooley <shooley42@...> wrote:

Hi,

I have a couple of thoughts about apps and websites that have become inaccessible or difficult to use when developers try to "improve" things.  While I agree that some, if not most, of these companies don't care about people like us, I also believe that if all of us think we can't change that, then it's a given that it won't change.  It takes pro-activeness to  improve things and help attitudes change over time, even if we don't see it till a future generation takes their place.   If it weren't for  just a few people who, for example, stood up for civil rights, we might not be where we are today.  They didn't accept that "somebody"  should do it.  I admit that I'm not very interested in advocacy  at this point, but that's something even I need to remind myself  of.

Another thing I wish is that we would build our own apps and websites that we can use to do the same things we want to do, or used to be able to do.  I think of apps like Edsharp text editor and  Pdf-to-Txt, developed by Jamal Mazurie,  and  others by Justin Dobinmeyer.   I'm not sure if I spelled their names just right.

My $2,000,000 worth, (smiley)

Sharon