From: Gene <mailto:gsasner@gmail.com>
Sent: Monday, July 15, 2019 8:37 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io <mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] extremely upset
I have a possible suggestion that might help but in a somewhat inconvenient manner.
It may be, in fact it very likely is, that you can still sign in with an old version of DropBox. Certainly, there are a lot of users who don't have the new interface yet and there may be nothing conflicting with the previous version. so, if you can get the previous version, you may be able to uninstall the current version, install the previous version, connect to DropBox and do what needs to be done.
I played around with this years ago when there was some other accessibility problem, though nothing like this, and, as I recall, I could stop the program from automatically updating by uploading a long file, which allowed me to do what I wanted to do while it was uploading. But don't let the program sit idle. It will upgrade and you'll have to go through all this again.
On a broader note, its far past time that Dropbox stop releasing updates without first testing them with blind users, just as they test updates with sighted users. I suggest that you contact organizations who might put pressure on DropBox such as the National Federation of the Blind, the American Council of the Blind, and since this is an international problem, any organizations that might be appropriate in other countries. and this is not a problem of DropBox alone, but is common. Companies at times correct problems once they are pointed out, after months of inconvenience or worse imposed on blind users.