Re: email lists for discussing old access technology?

Howard Traxler <howard@...>

I think my DECtalk experience goes back a bit further.  Those first DECtalks from about 1982 were about $4000 and they were pretty sluggish and mushy-sounding.  I have five of them I'd like to get shed of before my grandchildren have to throw them away.  Also have several DECtalk (full-sized) boards that go into an ISA slot in the first IBM clones.  Also have a couple DECtalk Express.  Some other synthesizers, too; and I think they all work.

On 7/16/2019 9:20 AM, Josh Kennedy wrote:
I emailed fonixTalk or whatever they are called now about using decTalk. would you believe they want a starting price of $9000.00 united states dollars for the old decTalk developer kit, sdk? I told them no, I'll just use the free decTalk stuff that is currently available around the internet for free. It's that old I don't think they really care because people for the most part have moved onto eloquence or Nuance vocalizer voices anyway. Is there anyone on here who still uses infovox230? the old from from telia promotor back in the late 1990s early 2000s?

Josh