From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Chris G
Sent: Saturday, July 20, 2019 2:02 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Do I install Window Eyes on my new 10 computer?

Because of the accessibility changes in Firefox quantum, I would be
surprised if Window-Eyes 9.5.4 works with it.

Chris Grabowski
Mystic Access
Where the magic is in learning.
https://www.MysticAccess.com
Ready to begin using your assistive technology with confidence while
actually having fun? Visit us to learn about our comprehensive audio
tutorials, one-on-one support and ongoing teleclasses. We also offer
eclectic and timely assistive technology podcasts, a newsletter containing
exclusive news and discounts, regularly updated free downloads, and so much
more.
Contact:
Phone: (716) 543-3323 (Ext. 500)
Twitter: MysticAccess
Facebook: mysticaccessempower

On Fri, 19 Jul 2019 16:22:46 -0400
"Shelly Kane" <shellykane323@...> wrote:

Personally, I would install Jaws.  Since Window Eyes has no more updates,
there is no sense in that unless you are comfortable with that and it works
on what you are doing on the computer.  I have used it for years but when I
heard it wasn't going to be obsolete, I decided to go with Jaws.  There is
also no support with Window Eyes.  Internet Explorer works fine for me but
if Chrome works well and Fire Fox works, then just stick with what you
have.  I don't like how Chrome reads Facebook so that's why I use IE.  I
didn't install Fire Fox yet.  Good luck with whatever you choose to do.
Shelly

On 7/19/2019 1:12 PM, Marilyn and Don Bilderback wrote:

In a couple of weeks I am buying a new computer with Windows 10 on it.
Should I have my tech guy reinstall Window Eyes on it or will that only
invite trouble as the WE has almost run its course for usability.
I could ask the same question about IE because we use Chrome all the
time and have Firefox installed as a backup.
Thanks for helping me make this decision.  Marilyn