Re: extremely upset

Curtis Delzer

Well Hey, Ann I've seen you on these lists for years so I am first inclined to think you know what you are talking about, so tend to believe your observations in leu of others.

Curtis Delzer
HS
K 6 V F O
Rialto, CA

curtis@calweb.com

On 7/16/2019 4:24 AM, Ann Parsons wrote:
Hi all,

There are two things going on here, if you'll pardon me.  First, ignorance is not something which is funny.  It is something which needs to be remedied. It's not funny to discover that you have seemingly lost all your data, data which is part of your livelihood.

Second, the new interface for Dropbox is in accessible to me.  I have tried to make the buttons activate and they do not.  I have attempted to figure out how the new interface works so that I can access my files from the desktop instead of going through Windows Explorer.  It is important that this new interface work for users who are blind or visually impaired, and as far as I can see, it does not do so.

User error it may be, but it is the user who operates the computer.  I would ask you to reexamine your cavalier  attitude and change it to something more tolerant and helpful.  As a teacher both of braille and computer technology, I find amusement at the expense of another crass and socially unacceptable.  Now I've been known to grumble about questions asked which I think are obvious, but I never laugh at those who ask these questions.  The only dumb question is the one which isn't asked.  As an asside, have you ever really examined the saying in the sentence before this one?  Dumb has two meanings which I never tumbled to until recently.  Dumb can mean stupid, but it can also mean silent, as in unable to speak.   If you think about that, the saying has a layered meaning.  It's actually a play on words.

No matter how much I may grumble about folks who ask simple questions, and sometimes I can be a bit sharp tongued, it is exasperation at the training folks have been given that irks me.

I will get some sighted assistance and I will probably be able to configure DropBox so that it will come up in a list view the way it used to do.  In the meantime, I will access my files via Windows Explorer.  They have not been lost to me.  Life will continue.  However, I will remember that feeling of fear and utter helplessness so that when somebody else experiences it I can be helpful instead of amused.

Ann P.