Re: Receiving a call on your Alexa or Google device?

Barb O'Connor

This article is referring to Echo connect. I don’t think that’s what Vicki was asking about.

Barb

On Jul 24, 2019, at 4:06 PM, Vicky Vaughan <vrvaughan63@...> wrote:

Sounds wonderful! 

Would an alert sound like the alarm or timer?

How does the person who is calling you address the call to your device?

Thanks very much!

Sincerely, Vicky V

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Merv Keck
Sent: Wednesday, July 24, 2019 4:38 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Receiving a call on your Alexa or Google device?

You get an alert when someone is calling you on your amazon Alexa device. I have a dot third Generation or a Show 5 in every room and I get calls routinely. I hear an alert and I say Wake Word answer and then the individual comes on just like it is a speaker phone.

Merv

For all things Echo:

main+subscribe@echoing.groups.io

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Vicky Vaughan
Sent: Wednesday, July 24, 2019 3:47 PM
To: main@techtalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] Receiving a call on your Alexa or Google device?

Hi List, I know that you can tell either the Alexa or the Google device to call a particular phone number, but I have not been able to figure out if it is possible for someone to call you and have it come through your device.

When I Googled this question, I have found links that say that they will talk about making and receiving calls with these devices, but never really answers the receiving part.  All it says is something about the green glow.  So, does this mean that we who are without sight, cannot receive calls, since we won’t know that we are getting one?

If they told their device to call you, it would ring your land line or cell phone.

I would like to know this for times that my iPhone is having trouble.

Thanks for any help to understand this.

Sincerely, Vicky V

Virus-free. www.avg.com

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.