Re: Amazon Alexa Question

Mike B <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Angelo & List,

I'm terribly sorry, my most sincere apologies!  I've been trying the Alexa Amazon webpage for over 2 weeks with various browsers and every browser gave me the same, Page can't be found, message, but this happened to several others I know as well.  I was sent a URL stating the only way to access Alexa / Echo devices was now only through the app.  About 1 hour ago I tried with IE11, and no go, but I then tried with Chrome, and hot damn, success!  You can access it these 2 ways, maybe more but these are the 2 links I had success with:

Again my most sincere apologies.  Note:  read the links character by character, don't insert the, .www, before alexa or echo or you'll get a page not found message, at least I did and don't use IE11, or I should say IE11 didn't work for me.

Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go dodgers!
I believe that everything happens for a reason. Usually, the reason is that somebody screwed up.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, July 25, 2019 6:38 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Amazon Alexa Question

You are mistaken.

I was just on the Alexa website.

Here is the link

https://alexa.amazon.com

73 N2DYN Angelo

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Shelly Kane
Sent: Thursday, July 25, 2019 9:03 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Amazon Alexa Question

Mike:

Thank you so much for letting me know that I can't use the computer anymore.  I will need to have someone who is sighted help me.  I can't see the orange light.  Take care and thanks again.

Shelly

On 7/25/2019 8:38 AM, Mike B wrote:

Hi Shelly,

When you get to the orange light step press and hold down the button with the little dot in the middle for around 8 seconds and you should get a message from the device saying it's in set-up mode.  Unfortunately you now have to use the Amazon Alexa app.  The Alexa. amazon.com website is no longer available.  Are you using an iPhone or a different phone?  Is this an Echo Dot or which Echo device is it?

Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go dodgers!
I believe that everything happens for a reason. Usually, the reason is that somebody screwed up.

----- Original Message -----

To: tech talk

Sent: Wednesday, July 24, 2019 8:01 PM

Subject: [TechTalk] Amazon Alexa Question

Hi Group:

I have a question about WiFi and Alexa. I had to change wireless
routers because mine didn't have a good connection so I had a new one
installed tonight and currently, my echo isn't working. I tried to fix
it on my own but I couldn't. It kept telling me to look for the orange
light and I'm total so couldn't see it. Could someone please give me
simple but detailed directions on how to change my WiFi so it can be
back on line? I have the same password but a different router and have
no idea how to get this corrected. Any help on this would be greatly
appreciated. If it can be done on the computer and that would be
simpler, I would gladly do it since I was having problems using the app
and I don't type very well on the keyboard. Thank you in advance.

Shelly

Join main@TechTalk.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.