Re: lists to buy sell trade

Laz

Hi Olusegun, I have only heard about one person being confused or to
put it better, you're only the 2nd person to mention the possibility
of some element of confusion between the GoogleGroup and the Groups.io
list. The GoogleGroups one can be classified as moribund defined as
being in a state of inactivity or obsolescence, at best while BlindAds
on groups.io is very much alive and thriving. Besides I believe the
googlegroup has an underline in the name of the group. I can't really
see how the two could be confused with each other.

The Royal post owner did not ask for anyone to take it over they just
announced it would be closed. I believe there has been just one person
who posted lamenting the loss of the list or stating that they didn't
offer it to anyone else to take it over. But again this one was a
pretty moribund list as well, not as bad as the Googlegroups though as
it generally got perhaps 10 messages a week mostly from the two gals
selling jewelry who post every day...

There's another list mentioned in Carrie's post which has around 24
list members counting the group owners' 3 email addresses and that one
is about as dead as the Googlegroups one.

I hope that clarifies the current situation.

laz

On 7/26/19, Olusegun -- Victory Associates LTD, Inc.
<ukekearuaro@valtdnet.com> wrote:
Sis Carrie, you're going to need to update the info on your website fast
and
furious. Here's why:

1. BST is dead; it has been replaced with BlindAds but still on groups.io.

There will be some element of confusion with this one no doubt. Before
BlindAds, there was (and still is) BlindAd on googlegroups.com/ It may be
argued that the addition of the letter "s" to one is sufficient
differentiation. May be so, but Freedom Scientific succeeded in KILLING
FREEDOM BOX! I'm not suggesting this will happen in the case of the two
lists discussed here; more than likely, both list owners/moderators will
figure things out.

2. The RoyalPost is about to go under. It will die on July 28. In that
light, you may want to consider pulling it from your list. It's possible
the owners/moderators of the RoyalPost may find someone else to take over
its operations, but until there's a new announcement to that effect, no
need
for a postmortem consideration!

Sincerely,
Olusegun