From: Smiling? <blind7@...>
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Date: Sunday, July 28, 2019 21:57
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] searching and the vlc player

It really depends upon what it is that you are searching for within VLC.
Control+F brings you to find and play folders.
Control+O will play files.

This is at least for VLC version 3.0.7.1 (which is the latest version). It
seems also that you will need to tab down to select folder button instead of
just hitting Enter on the selected folder now.

From: Gene <gsasner@...>
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Date: Saturday, July 27, 2019 17:45

I don't use Windows 10 but in Windows 7 searching works as you describe it
should. But you may be doing a different kind of search and, while I didn't
think of that until I was writing my message, you probably won't get the
results you want with that search.

Don't use the start menu search. Use the file search utility. Don't use
the start menu search.
Open the drive you want to search. Issue the command control e. You
should be in an edit field now. I don't recall just what your screen-reader
says. Search for what you want, such as the name of the folder in this
case.
You will see results as soon as they begin to be found and more may be
added if more are found.
I almost never search for files or folders so I don't remember the details
of what you will see and hear but once you type what you are searching for,
the search will start automatically. Don't press enter.
Start tabbing around. You will move from field to field. You will find a
field with search results. If you have a problem finding it, ask and I can
tell you what you will hear or find in the field. it is a list of results.

What I have described applies to Windows 7. It also probably applies to
Windows 10 but you can see.

From: Gene <gsasner@...>
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Date: Saturday, July 27, 2019 15:06

Have you rebooted since the problem started? Have you done this before
without problems? When strange problems occur, one of the first things to
try if no solution is evident is to reboot.