Re: Microphone Sensitivity on the Braillenote Touch Plus

Gene

I don't know how common that slider is.  I have never seen one.  But I doubt it has anything to do with adjusting the ssensativity of the microphone.  I suspect it has something to do with adjusting an enhancement in the software that somehow alters the way the software records the sound from the microphone in terms of noise reduction.  But that isn't changing the actual sensativity of the microphone.  It is changing how the software eliminates extraneous sound.

But we'll see what others with a lot more technical knowledge may say.

Sent: Tuesday, July 30, 2019 1:42 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Microphone Sensitivity on the Braillenote Touch Plus

Gene,
Your understanding of microphone sensitivity is, as far as I could see, correct.

Now, you said:
I've never heard of adjusting the characteristics of a microphone such as sensativity.
Well if we're talking about setting up on the microphone itself, neither did I. But if we're talking about setting it on Windows, for example, then there is a sensitivity slider as well as a volume one, on the very same place :)

Cheers,
Marcio AKA Starboy

Sent from a galaxy far, far away.