Re: Microphone Sensitivity on the Braillenote Touch Plus

Debbie April Yuille

Yes, that’s exactly right. SO, I’d like to reduce the Touch’s gain thereby reducing the sensitivity of the mike.

Debbie

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Marcio via Groups.Io
Sent: Wednesday, 31 July 2019 3:15 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Microphone Sensitivity on the Braillenote Touch Plus

Gene,

Sensativity is how well a microphone picks up soft or more distant sounds. If anyone knows how to adjust the actual recording volume, that may well solve the problem.

I agree in part with you.
Sensitivity can be responsible for such distortions as well, specially if it is too high and the person is recording from a close point to the microphone.
I'd say then that it's important to reach a balance between volume and sensitivity.
Sensitivity can distort a record as much as the volume if one of them isn't set up correctly.

Cheers,
Marcio

AKA Starboy

Sent from a galaxy far, far away.